Wednesday, January 7, 2009

tea time

i just spent my last night with jax and joen before they head home tomorrow. it is funny how the visit and departure of loved ones always makes me feel the urge to accomplish what i have been putting off. passing time is more apparent and seems way more precious, when your loved ones are leaving your side. unfortunately, i always fall victim to letting the moments i prize most slip through my fingers...i am always caught up in what i have to do, or, have done, and i forget to live in the moment. this is one of the things i want to work on in the new year. i want to have more time for myself, which, will in turn make me more available to all of those that i love. my brain has not stopped all week, and i have been keeping a running list of everything that i am grateful for, or enjoy. i was very happy to spend most of the day with tiffany on her thirtieth birthday. she griped quite a bit, but even her gripes make me happy. i am also so glad to have had my late tea time with jackie and joen. and most importantly, i am thankful for the happiness i sensed in poppy's voice when he told me his physical therapy went well today. i actually can't think of a single moment that i am not thankful for. i look forward to this next day.

No comments: