Sunday, February 17, 2008

elimination

so, after what could easily add up to being two thirds of my life, i am finally going to tackle the food allergies that i have. i have endured many of the tell-tale symptoms; the intestinal, sinus, lung, joint, and skin issues have "plagued" me for over twenty years. my passion for food (namely cheese, sugar, and chocolate) has driven me to look past what havoc it can all wreak on my body. this past week has been one of my worst yet, convincing me to finally face my demons...is there life after gluttony?
after just finishing off four bite-sized vosges caramels (only because their expiration date is in less than a month), i am anxiously anticipating the morning. i am officially beginning my elimination diet to find all of the irritating food in my life. over the next month, i cannot consume any dairy, grain, legumes, nuts, citrus, alcohol, coffee, tea, refined sugar, or any fruit or vegetables that i currently eat more than once a week. i know, this sounds insane, but the thought of what i might find is almost more consuming than my appetite.

No comments: